As younger generations are becoming homeowners more and more, the customer expectations to landscaping are changing as well. In fact, people between the ages of 18 and 34 made up 29 % of all gardening households. The new landscaping trends affected by those younger generation are as follows:
- Younger people don’t care about how the lawn looks
- Younger generation want pet-friendly backyard
- Younger couples are looking for an organic approach to gardening and maintaining their landscapes
- Younger generation underestimate how much care their landscape needs and the price of quality landscaping
- Younger people want new systems such as smart irrigation systems and new methods for weed control.
Whether you are a customer or landscaper or not, knowing those younger generation’s landscaping trends would be advantageous. NEC, one of the largest landscaping companies in Minneapolis, Minnesota has landscape architects who follows the latest landscaping technologies and trends. Feel free to contact us for free consultation for your landscaping ideas.